As a long-term forest owner, Summit knows how to grow the most valuable timber crops through strategic alignment of tree type, location and intended end use products.
Summit invests heavily in leading edge technology and systems to optimise establishment and tending operations to maximise growth potential.
We have a significant depth of experience within our staff and are committed to the continual improvement of our operations.
Our forest management operations include but are not limited to:
- Site assessment and species/sustainable feasibility analysis
- Environmental/Health and Safety risk assessments
- Pre plant site preparation
- Establishment, including planting labour and tree stock organisation
- Post planting weed control (and fertiliser where required)
- On-going maintenance including pruning, thinning, spraying, pest and weed control, and site inspections
- Managing site access for hunting, recreational use, beekeeping etc
We work with a variety of forest owners around NZ, predominately in Northland, Whangarei, Coromandel, Gisborne and Whanganui, where we have our own forest estates and management teams.
If you are in need of some assistance with your forest project, we are available to discuss options. Please contact the relevant Summit office through our Contact page.
When it comes to the end of your forest life-cycle (around 25 years), we can also assist you with harvesting and sale of your timber – find out more about our export service HERE.